What does it take to get pre-approved?
We hear buyers almost daily say: "Isn't it such a hassle to get approved to buy a house?" The answer is partnering with an experienced lender will make it so much easier for you.
What documents will the lender need to full approval?
1. Pay stubs for the last 30 days
2. W-2 forms for the last 2 years
3. Signed federal tax return, last 2 years (both personal and business if applicable)
4. Documentation for any other income sources
5. Bank Statements (2 most recent, including ALL pages...even if left intentionally blank)
6. Documentation of the source of your down payment: investment or savings account statements showing at least 2 months history of ownership. If some of the funds were a gift, get a statement signed by the giver declaring the funds were a gift
7. Documentation of name change (if recent)
8. Proof of your identity (driver's license or non-driver ID typically)
9. Social Security Number (SSN)
10. Home Owners Insurance
11. For existing home purchase, provide purchase agreement and all addenda (signed by all parties.)
12. Other documents may be required as needed
13. Service members or Veterans wanting to take advantage of the VA's Home Loan Guarantee Program should obtain a certificate of eligibility (DD214) from the VA.