Preparing Your House for the Market
Making the decision to list your house for sale can feel overwhelming at times. Here are some helpful tips on how to get it ready to sell in record time!
As one of the top listing agents in Mobile county, I have a proven process to help you get your house ready for the market, effectively market, and get your house SOLD quickly!
- Remove excessive wall hangings, furniture, personal photos, and knickknacks (consider a temporary self-storage unit).
- Replace light bulbs with brightest Wattage.
- Clean or paint walls and ceilings.
- Shampoo carpets.
- Clean and organize cabinets and closets.
- Repair all plumbing leaks, including faucets and drain traps.
- Clean all light fixtures.
- Keep the grass freshly cut.
- Remove all yard clutter.
- Pressure wash exterior of home, porches, decks, sidewalks, and curb.
- Apply fresh paint to wooden fences.
- Paint the front door.
- Weed and apply fresh mulch to garden beds.
- Clean windows inside and out.
- Wash or paint home’s exterior.
- Tighten and clean all door handles.
- Ensure gutters and downspouts are firmly attached.
- Vacate the property while it is being shown.
- Open drapes in the daytime.
- Keep pets secured outdoors or away from the house.
- Play quiet background music.
- Light the fireplace (if seasonally appropriate).
- Infuse home with a comforting scent like apple spice or vanilla.
- Turn on all the lights.
You can also check out these videos to help get your house "Fit to Sell!"